Wednesday, June 25, 2008

midsommar!

Wow, the summer days are long here. Tonight the sun was shining brightly through our window and I thought "this feels like it's 5:30pm", ...and it's really 9pm! it finally gets dark around 11, but the sky is still lit somewhat through midnight. I'm not used to it. Makes life interesting trying to convince Christina it's time for bed. We have been having our "say goodnight to the outside world" ritual where we go through the apartment and close shades, blinds, turn off lights etc to help her feel like it's time. An interesting contrast to the winter, when I'd leave for work and come home in complete night-time.
Ellinor has been talking a lot more about our summer vacation to Norrland. (must be getting excited about it or something!) I start vacation from work on July 23, and come back on August 25, so that's a good 4.5 weeks. It will be a mix of going to Norrland, going to the Archipelago (the islands along the coast) near Stockholm, and getting some relax time at home as well. Should be nice.
My mouse alternative project is coming along. I'm waiting for the film to develop; should have it friday, then I just need to jerry-rig some foot mouse pedals and voila, no hands! (except for the keyboard of course...)

No comments: